Wednesday, July 28, 2010
possible solution
Yesterday J and I started talking about finding something else to do when was mad other than throwing things, hitting, and screaming. He started up this morning working himself into a fit so I scooped him up gently and we sat on the couch rocking back and forth and talking. This seemed to diffuse him very quickly and he was much happier after that. So we decided that when he starts getting mad or upset he can come sit in my lap and we will rock and talk. I hope he really will do it. He has begun hugging me now. I have watched him start hugging everyone else, but he was not reaching out to me for some reason. I just waited knowing he would come to me in his own time and he has. I know he is pushing the limits some to try to find the point at which we will reject him too. Thankfully we are equipped to handle this with God's help and he is not finding rejection where he expects it. We keep focusing on the fact that he is a good boy even when he doesn't make good choices. He's growing, and slowly moving down the path of healing. It's a long road.....
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment