Monday, December 6, 2010
Bubbles, and Paints, and Glitter - OH MY!
I picked up the littles after school without any issues. they recognized me and were very excited! We got to the house and had a snack and they settled in. Dinner was bean and cheese quesadillas which they gobbled up! Then I let them watch a movie and it was time for bed. They all went down easily and slept well. Saturday we took things nice and slow. I had fixed some dough and put in in the fridge on Friday and so I made cinnamon rolls for saturday morning. YUM!! Once that was cleaned up and all were dressed and ready for the day I made some salt dough and we played with cookie cutters. While the ornaments were baking we played outside with bubbles, chalk, and the scooters! It was horribly windy and that wind was cold but they didn't seem to notice bundled up in their coats. I sat in the sun and laughed at their antics! Lunch was homemade lunchables and fruit. They played happily with crayons and legos as I put stew on for dinner. Then we got out the paints and glitter and googly eyes and I though their eyes were going to pop out of their heads! We somehow managed not to get paint on clothes....a miracle if you ask me! But of course glitter went everywhere as it always will! Snack time found them with bowls of popcorn and watching another movie. We made jingle bell jewelry with colored pipe cleaners. They enjoyed dinner and after a quick clean up it was time for baths and bed. We did showers instead of baths and this was something new to them but they did great! They really enjoyed getting to sit by the fireplace and get warm after their showers. Bed time was again easy and they slept all night. Sunday we got up about 7 with the little boy running through the house hollering "sun's up!" The girls were not happy with him!! I thought it was funny! We had more of the cinnamon rolls for breakfast and I took some of the stew for lunch at church. They were shy at first at church but quickly warmed up and had fun. We got home in the afternoon and got their things all together and ready to head back to their foster home. The little boy was really wound up and not wanting to listen but we managed. It's hard to have kids that aren't your own in the house. I know my response to them would be different if they were placed here. They are good kids though and we had fun! I told their foster mom I would take them again in a heartbeat! As challenging as it may be, I am still very thankful to be able to do this!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment