Well once again a government agency has shown it's true lack of colors. We were to attend a our information meeting last night but were met at the door of the building by the man who was to conduct the class. He handed a piece of paper with phone numbers and agency names explaining that as of right now this CPS office was not allowed to provide classes or approve homes right now so we would have to go through another agency for this. We do not know yet if we will have to pay for these classes and the homestudy since we will now be going through a private agency, but we will forge ahead. Last night we were upset and very frustrated.....understandably I do believe. Today though I see things in a very different light. Instead of this being a setback, it's a blessing. I have heard many horror stories of how CPS has drug things out and strung people along until it suited the office's needs to have things completed. Now we won't have to deal with that! God is amazing and I know that this turn of events will be for our best interest. Once we have our home study and background checks approved then we can still adopt through CPS. Which leads me to my stolen heart....
I signed up awhile back to be emailed updated lists of kids who are newly listed or have had updates added to their profiles through the CPS website. I received one such email last recently. Looking through the list I saw a set of names I didn't recognize (see I have spent some time looking through the profiles already) and saw that according to the dates listed this group was new to the website. Kids have to be available for adoption for a certain amount of time and all current options exhausted before the profiles are put on this website. This site is more or less a last resort to try to get the kids adopted. When I clicked on the names up came a photo of these three beautiful kids and I immediately began to cry. I have not had this strong an emotional response to any other group of kids thus far. Once I could see again I began reading about them and the more I read, the more I prayed asking God if I was looking at MY kids. I do not have an answer......yet. These three with their interests, ages, desire for to be in a home with other siblings, desire to be involved in church, etc.... just seem to be a perfect fit. I can't understand why on earth these kids haven't been snatched up! But then again......maybe they won't fit with anyone but us......I do know that if these three aren't the ones, there will be others. There are HUNDREDS of kids listed on this site and it's only the tip of the iceberg of the number that are waiting for adoption. For now I pray, trust, wait, and work on finding the right agency to work with for our classes and homestudy. One small hurdle, and one step closer!
What website are you looking at? Thanks for sharing your story. We are going through the adoption process as well through our state and we've had a snag so far. The class was canceled for October because we were the only ones signed up so we are now waiting for the next one the first weekend of the month. Praying that you will have a smooth adoption.. Many blessings <><
ReplyDelete